Laminate is one of the most widely used flooring types that is affordable and durable. For making it more long-lasting you have to do proper maintenance and take care of it. We have to know how to clean laminate flooring because when we keep something clean and take care of it properly then it will automatically extend the lifespan of that product.
So as the case with laminate flooring when you keep it clean its durability increases automatically. Using the right methods of cleaning is most important because sometimes you are going to clean the floor without having the knowledge about how to clean it. This will result in damaging the floor surface and create a big loss for you.
To keep your floor safe from getting these types of damages we brought a helping guide for you on clean laminate flooring. In today’s article, you will be able to learn the best methods of cleaning all the stains, dirt, and dust of laminate flooring.
Different Method Of Cleaning Laminate Flooring
First of all, you have to read the instruction from the manufacturer’s book about which cleaning tool is used for cleaning the laminated floor. Very few tools and materials can help you to keep the floor as clean as a new one.
We will give you different amazing methods on how to clean laminate flooring. Let’s go through all the methods one by one:
How Perform Normal Cleaning On Laminate Flooring
- You have to perform the cleaning on the laminate floor by mostly using the vinegar and water mixture.
- To make this mixture you have to take the warm water and mix one cup of vinegar in it.
- Now take a soft cloth and dip it into the solution.
- Make sure you have to get the cloth slightly damped instead of getting to moisture.
- Now wipe this cloth over the floor to clean the dirt or dust easily.
How to Cope With Spills
- To clean the spills you have to get the damp cloth.
- Keep a dry cloth and wipe the residue with it.
- You can also use a microfiber mop to clean the laminate floor.
How To Perform Deep Cleaning
- For cleaning the laminate floor more deeply, take a microfiber mop of the floorcloth.
- Now get the cleaning detergent.
- Mix it in the water.
- Now take a cloth and dip it into the solution to make it slightly damped
- Now rub this cloth on the floor where the stains are present.
- Then leave it to get dry.
- Now take the ammonia and mix 125ml in the 5-liter water.
- Then sparkle this mixture on the spots and leave for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now scrub that surface of the floor with a soft-bristles brush.
- Now rise the floor well with water and dry it.
- If the stains didn’t remove then you have to increase the ratio of ammonia in the mixture.
How to Remove Shoe Scratches From Laminate Floor
- You can wipe these scratches by using a wet sponge.
- Then take a rubber or eraser and rub it along the surface.
- Do not use the plastic or gritty eraser, this may cause damage the floor.
- Repeat the same process until the scratches didn’t remove.
- If the scratches still remain then you can get a shoe scuff eraser from the market.
Do’s & Don’ts While Cleaning Laminate Flooring
- Read the instructions from the book that was given to you with the trendy flooring to know which material is best for cleaning.
- Carefully mop your floor after every two months.
- Perform regular cleaning.
- Protect the floor from getting damaged.
- The doormats help to keep the first and dust outside because when you come to the home and left your shoes on it. This will not let the dirt stick to your shoes get into your room.
- Always keep in your mind that your laminate floor is not waterproof.
- Trim the large nails of your pets otherwise it causes scratching the floor.
- Clean with a soft cloth.
- New let the stains let on the floor for a long time.
- Don’t use the tools made up of steel or plastic it will leave scratches.
- Don’t use too much water while cleaning.
- Don’t use cleaning products that are not labeled as made for laminate flooring.
So these are the different methods of how to clean laminate flooring. We have tried to cover each and everything necessary to be used or avoid while cleaning laminated flooring. Hope so, this guide would be helpful for you and beneficial for the cleaning process of your laminate flooring.
But if you get any difficulty while doing this then post a comment and tell us about your problem we will help you to solve that problem.